Friday 1 February 2013

Introduction: Final Major Project

Hello, and welcome to my blog. In this blog I'm going to be posting, discussing and uploading information in relation to my final major project. There are three different media examples which I would like to establish whilst researching the contrasting codes and conventions of each prototype.
My three ideas for my FMP are going to be either a Music video, Documentary or a Magazine. I have much interest in these examples and during this blog I will be updating


 

Documentary...
 
A Documentary is a short film which documents reality. For example, David Attenborough produces documentaries about wildlife in which he doesn't just describe what he's researched but comprehensively explain the animals he's talking about. By indulging the audience with facts, figures and explanations about wildlife this documentary works well. Here is a clip of Attenborough in his fame:


I have a interest in documentaries as they are not like other media products, you can create something which not only documents events but they can inform the audience about facts/figures and give a reality of events and not what just in the 'media'.

Music Video...
 
A music video is a short film/video which is accompanied by a piece of music. As music industry has grown the use of music videos has become more popular, they are also used now to promote a song/album of the artists song. There are several different types of music videos;
1. Narrative:  This usually is the story around the song and they have a meaning which they are trying to get across to the audience. For example
Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia 
In this video there is clear narrative structure of the song and it relates to the song clearly.

2. Performance: This mainly focuses on the band/artist which are usually performing in front of a crowd.
For example
Rage Against The Machine - Killing in The Name
In this video you can clearly see a performance from RATS, they are performing in front of an audience.

3. Cameo: This style of music video is when a famous person is starring within the film, however not involved in the singing. For example
Micheal Jackson - Black or White
At the start of this video, you can see that the famous actors starring within it have no involvement to the singing.
I'm interested in doing a music video as previously I had to create one at the start of my college course, and I was unaware of the work which was needed for it. However, after thinking about what I need to do I found that a music video is an easy way to create what ever you want with a piece of music and can tangent off into so many ideas I could make a better idea for a music video than my last.

Magazine...
A magazine is a publication and is issued periodically which is paper based. It contains, stories, images, poems, hobbies, news and even sports. There are a number of different genre of magazine, for example:

OK Magazine
Health & Beauty Magazine
Photography Magazine

During secondary school in my Media class I had to make a magazine for my FMP and thoroughly enjoyed it. So for my college course, I have an interest in doing another magazine which I can improve, but also create a different style magazine from the one I recently did. 

Finally, that's all of my three choices that I'm interested about doing for my FMP next year. I will uploading research about these three and going into more depth about each one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment